Ron Rothberg is the creator of Art Bikes Jax, a fleet of electric bikes customized by local artists. Art Bikes are available for guided and self guided tours of Jacksonville’s historic neighborhoods, parks and public art.
That’s what drives me is to make these connections ~ surprising, delightful connections as they appear.
In the Mix Interview
Charlee Guillaume, a multimedia designer with Mix Theory Studios, interviewed Ron for the “In the Mix” video series as part of the Grand Opening events and the launch of MTSJAX.fm on February 22, 2022. Video produced by Charlee Guillaume and and Katie Stanley.
I learned a valuable lesson of inclusion and diversity in putting together this group of artists.
Visit Art Bikes Jax to Book Your Tour
The featured bike, entitled “Homage,” was painted by local muralist, Shaun Thurston. Thurston also created the beautiful mural at Chamblin’s Uptown Cafe.
I think other cities would really benefit from this whole concept of getting artists to create art so people can take in the art around them.
Ron also produces the podcast Swan Dive with his partner Stu Sheldon. Swan Dive captures the stories of pivotal moments in meaningful lives.
In 2021, Ron and his wife traveled the country in their RV where their relationship managed to survive in close quarters. You can learn more about the journey and the importance of an extended walk-about at www.ronrothberg.com.
Listen to the Most Recent Episodes
- David William Carson – “A Long Walk Into the Woods” – John Muir 2.0
- David William Carson – “John Muir 2.0” – Tech Entreprenur to Director of a Nature Preserve
- David William Carson – “John Muir 2.0” – Escapes Finance to Become Director of a Nature Preserve
- Keith Pariani – “Ride On” Avid antique bike collector rides across the country
- Keith Pariani – “Ride On” – Avid antique bike collector rides across the US on a “High-Wheeled” bike